The credit union is committed to supporting ministry within the East and West Ohio Conferences of The United Methodist Church. One way we support these ministries is by providing exceptional deposit solutions. It is our prayer each local church will use the additional money they earn on the money they have deposited with the credit union to fund existing or additional ministries.
Variable Share Accounts
The Variable Share Account is available only to local churches and affiliated organizations. It is designed to pay a higher dividend rate than our regular savings account without tying up funds for a specific length of time.
Certain Restrictions Apply: The Variable Share Account requires a minimum balance of $10,000 and allows for up to 2 withdrawals per month without paying a $3 transaction fee or a $5 monthly service charge. If the account is closed within the first twelve months, there is a $10 closing fee.
If you are looking for safety of principal and higher earnings that what is traditionally paid on savings or Money Market accounts, our Share Certificates may be the perfect place to deposit church funds. Share Certificates provide the highest dividend rates of all our deposit accounts. Rates are based on the beginning balance and length of your Share Certificate.
- Terms available from 6 to 60 months.
- Share Certificates can be purchased for as little as $500.
- Jumbo Share Certificate rates available for deposits of $50,000 and above.
We may impose a penalty if you withdraw from your account before the maturity date. The penalty amount for share certificate accounts may be up to ninety (90) day's dividends. The penalty is calculated as a forfeiture of part of the dividends that have been or would be earned on the account. It applies whether or not the dividends have been earned. If the account has not yet earned enough dividends or if the dividend has already been paid, the penalty will be deducted from the principal. Disclosures
Ministry Checking is designed to serve as the church's primary operational account. Each check that you write will display proudly the United Methodist Cross and Flame.
- Deposits to your Ministry Checking can be made at any credit union location or using one of the branch locations of Fifth-Third Bank, PNC Bank or Key Bank.
- Dividends are paid on qualified balances.
- Immediate credit for deposits (no holds on most items).
- No monthly maintenance fee or per item fee.
- Access to a variety of e-services including online/mobile access to account information and the ability to download transactional activity into QuickBooks for easy reporting.
- Direct Deposit
- Electronic tithing--First Fruit Offering
- Courtesy Pay for overdraft protection.
Regular Share Account
If you're looking for earnings and flexibility, our Share Savings account is a great place to deposit your funds. This account allows you the freedom to make additional deposits to the account or make withdrawals any time, without paying a penalty. You also enjoy competitive quarterly dividends paid on qualified balances.
- Easy access to your funds.
- Earns dividends on qualified account balances.
- Requires a minimum balance of $25.00 (membership share).
- Sub Accounts--you may want to set up other sub accounts (UMM, UMW, Maintenance, Music etc.) to provide for separate accounting.