United Methodist Financial Credit Union is committed to being Your Financial Partner in Ministry. One way we support our United Methodist community is by offering a broad range of financial services and lending solutions to our local churches, district offices and affiliated organizations within the East and West Ohio Conferences.
We believe that by providing low-cost or no-cost financial services and above market rates on deposits, our local churches, district offices and affiliated organizations are able to use those saved dollars to fund their individual ministries.
Here are a few of the value added services available to your United Methodist local church, district office or affiliated organization:
- United Methodist Financial Credit Union has a successful history of providing cost-effective loan for our local churches. Your credit union is equipped to help you with a small loan to repair a leaky church roof or to finance a multi-million dollar building expansion.
Variable Rate Share Accounts
- A non non-term account, similar to a Money Market, that offers rates higher than pass-book savings without maturity dates. Minimum deposit is $10,000, and some rules/fees may apply. Click here to see our current rates
Share Certificate of Deposits
- Historically, we've paid above market rates and special rates for amounts over $25,000.
Direct Deposit of Weekly Giving
- First Fruit Giving is a free program for local churches, district offices and affiliated organizations that have a primary account relationship with the credit union.
- Local church members who sign up for First Fruit Giving designate an amount that they would like to have electronically deducted from their account at their local credit union or bank and that money is placed in the local church's United Methodist Financial Credit Union account.
- First Fruit Giving allows members to support their local church or organization financially, even when they out of town or unable to attend. The local church is provided First Fruit Giving cards so members can participate in the weekly offering during worship.
Primary Checking for United Methodist Churches
- No monthly service fee
- Overdraft Line of Credit
- 100% funds availability on your deposits (no holds)
- Quarterly dividends for balances exceeding $100
- Free Internet-banking access to manage all your church accounts
- Electronic statements
- Free mobile app (requires electronic statements)
- Account activity download capability
- Internet images available for cleared checks
- Free Direct Deposit
- Free Debit Card transactions